By: Melissa Lagowski Founder, CEO and Queen Bee, Big Buzz Idea Group With Thanksgiving upon us, it seems like everyone is talking about gratitude. (To be fair, it’s always top of mind around here-gratitude is one of our core values at Big Buzz!) Is there anything better than feeling appreciated? For nonprofits, acknowledging the contributions of those people directly tied to your organization is important. A simple, inspirational gesture of appreciation cultivates a sense of community, generosity and support for your mission. WHO to Thank Think about all of the people who are a part of your organization. They keep...
By Guest Blogger: Joe McClennan Managing Partner, McClennan Partners Happy New Year! How often did you receive or express that greeting toward the end of December and the beginning of January? In 2017, for a number of my nonprofit clients, the emphasis is on the “New.” Continuing to do what they have always done is no longer possible because of funding cutbacks, change in management philosophy, loss or expected loss of key staff, and/or a call for a deep re-evaluation of what the value proposition now needs to be for the community they serve. In planning and facilitating January Board...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- 5 Ways to Generate Sponsor Leads
- 6 Tips for Recruiting Ideal Board Members
- 3 Questions to Ask If You Hope to Grow Your Membership
- Budgeting for Your Nonprofit in Uncertain Times
- 4 Ways Outsourcing Your Development Work Can Provide Value
- 2020: A Lesson in Gratitude
- 9 Lessons Learned from Our First Virtual Conference