By: Melissa Lagowski Founder, CEO and Queen Bee, Big Buzz Idea Group With Thanksgiving upon us, it seems like everyone is talking about gratitude. (To be fair, it's always top of mind around here-gratitude is one of our core values at Big Buzz!) Is there anything better than feeling appreciated? For nonprofits, acknowledging the contributions of those people directly tied to your organization is important. A simple, inspirational gesture of appreciation cultivates a sense of community, generosity and support for your mission. WHO to Thank Think about all of the people who are a part of your organization. They keep...
“The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” —Charles Schwab By: Melissa Lagowski CEO, Founder and Queen Bee, Big Buzz Idea Group Early in my career, when I was an Executive Director at a small Chamber of Commerce in Chicago, I had a couple of board members who would try to dangle financial incentives in front of me as a means of encouragement. They kept reminding me of what my financial reward would be if we secured more sponsors for our largest event. It was referenced in every email and in every...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- 9 Lessons Learned from Our First Virtual Conference
- Time to Assess Your Year-End Campaigns
- Tips for Virtual Event Success
- How to Manage Your Organization During an Election Year Without Violating Your Nonprofit Status
- Our Top Five Free Online Tools for Nonprofit Management Teams
- Financial Planning for Uncertain Times
- Virtual Fundraising: 18 Ideas for Nonprofit Revenue