Nonprofit Development Assistant
Full-Time Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000*
Open to Part-Time Contractors: $17 – $22 per hour*
*Salary Commensurate with Experience
A Little About Us:
Big Buzz Idea Group powers nonprofit organizations to fuel positive change in the world by providing management, marketing, and event services so nonprofits and associations can focus on their mission and organizational growth.
- Everyone should be part of a team that inspires them.
- Nonprofits make the world a better place.
- It is an honor to partner with and serve nonprofit organizations.
- The best relationships are based on honesty, integrity, and 100% transparency.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our nonprofit organization as a Development Assistant. This crucial role will be responsible for providing support to the Development team in planning, coordinating, and executing fundraising efforts to further our mission and expand our impact. The Development Assistant will play a vital role in helping secure essential resources and building meaningful relationships with donors and supporters.
Primary Duties (not limited to):
- Donor Database Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of donors, donations, and interactions in the organization’s donor management system. Ensure the data is organized, accurate and confidential.
- Donor Communications: Facilitate communication with donors, including acknowledgment letters, thank-you notes and regular updates on the organization’s achievements and impact.
- Grant Research: Conduct research on potential grant opportunities that align with the organization’s mission. Assist in tracking grant deadlines and occasionally assist with reports to foundations and grant-making institutions.
- Event Coordination: Support the planning and execution of fundraising events, including logistics, guest management and post-event follow-up activities.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and maintain accurate financial reports related to fundraising activities. Collaborate with the Finance department to reconcile donations and financial data.
- Administrative Support: Provide general administrative assistance to the Development team, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting materials, and handling correspondence.
Skills/Credentials you must possess:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as nonprofit management, communications, marketing, or a related discipline.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Typing proficiency – accuracy in data inputs is critical to success in this role.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational abilities with keen attention to detail. The candidate should be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines effectively.
- Technology Proficiency: Proficiency in using standard office software, donor management systems, and online fundraising platforms.
- Interpersonal Skills: A friendly, professional, and approachable demeanor with the ability to build positive relationships with donors, volunteers, and team members.
- Initiative and Resourcefulness: Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently.
- Commitment to the Mission: A genuine passion for Big Buzz Media Group’s mission and a strong belief in its importance.
- Ethics and Confidentiality: High ethical standards and the ability to handle sensitive donor information with the utmost confidentiality.
- Team Player: Willingness to collaborate and support other team members to achieve collective goals.
- Grant Management: Previous experience in managing grants and compliance. requirements.
- Proven experience in fundraising or nonprofit development.
- Previous work or volunteer experience with nonprofit organizations is an advantage.
Our Investment In You:
We encourage our team to actively participate in development courses and opportunities for professional growth. All Big Buzz Idea Group staff take part in an annual retreat to engage in personal and professional advancement and team building. Big Buzz Idea Group conducts company-wide meetings twice weekly for the entire team. Personal growth is important at all levels, and we are always seeking opportunities to lift one another up to perform at our best possible capabilities.
Full-time employees receive 25 PTO days annually, including paid vacation days which are available after six months of employment.
Like What You See? Here’s What’s Next:
Email your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com outlining why you’re interested in the position, what makes you a good fit, and what your favorite food is. Please no phone calls. We’ll be in touch!
At Big Buzz Idea Group, we are committed to actively building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued, and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer that considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status.
Big Buzz Idea Group is a hybrid work environment. This position will require in-office time at the Big Buzz office in the Sauganash neighborhood of Chicago and allows for partial remote work.
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Apply the Spoon Theory to Run Your Nonprofit
- Nonprofit Hiring: Best Practices for Building Your Team in 2024
- Making the Most Out of Event Centerpieces
- Client Spotlight: Center for Changing Lives
- An Interim Leader Isn’t a “Temp:” Interim Leadership in NPOs as a Management Profession
- Are You Leading With Impact?
- Client Spotlight: Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce
Sign up for Insights newsletter
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact