Executive Director (Contract Work)
HOURLY WAGE: *$35-50/HR
*Hours vary by project(s): Salary based on experience and project budget
We’re seeking a fun, hard-working and enthusiastic leader who is passionate about helping nonprofit organizations reach and surpass their goals. The Executive Director’s primary objectives are to oversee a specific project or projects on a contracted basis from inception to completion. Because this position is contracted, this role is considered temporary and will end at conclusion of the outlined duties.
Primary Duties (But Not Limited To):
- Execute the strategic vision and goals of the Board
- Assure that the organization makes consistent and timely progress in achieving its mission
- Oversee and report on the organization’s results to the Board
- Provide leadership in developing project, organizational and financial plans
- Organize, motivate and mentor internal team to strategically grow the organization’s impact
- Oversee funding/sponsorship/grant efforts
Skills/Credentials You Must Possess:
- 2-6 years of relevant professional experience in an association, nonprofit or agency setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, nonprofit management or related field
- Management experience is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Prepare and manage budgets, timelines and other planning documents
- Work with the bookkeeper to maintain up-to-date accounting record
- Knowledge on how to foster an environment of accountability, healthy work partnerships and inclusivity among staff to maintain a positive work environment
- Experience in creating and establishing clear, measurable business goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Quickbooks, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Dropbox, Google Drive and CRM
- Must be able to be on your feet for lengthy periods of time
- Must be able to periodically lift up to 50 pounds
Our Investment In You:
We encourage our team to actively participate in development courses and opportunities for professional growth. All Big Buzz Idea Group staff take part in an annual retreat to engage in personal and professional advancement and team building. Big Buzz Idea Group conducts company-wide meetings twice weekly for the entire team. Personal growth is important at all levels, and we are always seeking opportunities to lift one another up to perform at our best possible capabilities.
Full-time employees are given eight paid holidays, five paid sick days and two paid personal days. Paid vacation days are available after one year of full-time employment.
Like What You See? Here’s What’s Next:
Email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you’re interested in the position, what makes you a good fit and what your favorite food is. Please no phone calls. We’ll be in touch!
At Big Buzz Idea Group, we are committed to actively building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, the Big Buzz Idea Group office is closed, and all employees are currently working remotely. This is being closely monitored as things change. Candidates should be prepared to potentially work out of our Chicago office.
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Are You Leaving Money On The Table?
- Client Spotlight: Cyberjutsu
- Employee Retention Tax Credit Yields Powerful Opportunity
- Client Spotlight: Illinois Theatre Association
- The 3 Mistakes I Made Managing a Nonprofit
- Outsourcing: The Only Solution To Staffing Shortages
- Want To Retain Your Employees? Wellness in the Workplace Matters!