By: Kelli Moore Principal, Ando Advisors When something significant happens in an organization, leaders may find it difficult to focus on anything but getting through the big event. Changes that are fraught with uncertainty, like leadership transitions or losing grant funding, are most challenging, but even positive changes like launching a new initiative or receiving a large grant will raise questions among staff. During times of transition, “What does this mean for me?” is foremost on everyone’s mind. It’s not surprising, then, that communication often gets bumped to the bottom of the priority list during major changes. Unfortunately, a lack...
Interview With: Kimberly Bares President, PLACE Consulting Nonprofit organizations are, by nature, heavily dependent on their Executive Directors, so when an ED resigns or has to be let go, the Board of Directors is often overwhelmed with the looming candidate search that is suddenly before them. In fact, many organizations come to a screeching halt because the Board doesn’t know how to function without an Executive Director. But it doesn’t have to be that way. This month, we interviewed Kimberly Bares, President of PLACE Consulting, who has previously filled the role of Interim Director. BBIG: How did you first become...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Client Spotlight: Illinois Theatre Association
- The 3 Mistakes I Made Managing a Nonprofit
- Outsourcing: The Only Solution To Staffing Shortages
- Want To Retain Your Employees? Wellness in the Workplace Matters!
- Implementing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Your Nonprofit
- Should Sponsorships Include Membership Dues?
- Crisis Management: Are You Ready?