By: Melissa Lagowski CEO, Founder and Queen Bee, Big Buzz Idea Group The Two Most Powerful Parts of Crafting Your Organization’s Story Within the nonprofit world, so many organizations are looking to connect with donors, supporters and volunteers. How does one NPO stand out from another? The answer: its story. Sharing through storytelling is powerful: it humanizes and personalizes your work and the community it serves. Storytelling conveys WHY you do what you do. It brings your mission to life. When you’re in the business of marketing communications, you see a lot of examples of successful stories and some attempts...
By Guest Blogger: Pon Angara Principal, Barkada Creative “I was born in prison. My mother had just been sentenced to 7 years. And by the time I was a freshman in high school, I was already addicted to crystal meth. People would look at me with disgust, my family in particular.” “Life was hard for me growing up. I had no dad to look up to. I had no role model. My older brother was in and out of prison. I didn’t know what to do, so I started gang banging.” What images come to mind about the characters making...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- 5 Tips for Prioritizing Your Mental Health in the Workplace
- Clearer Communication Is the Secret to Better Outcomes
- Something Good: Building Your Team’s Connection
- Keep Your Mission in Mind to Maximize Results
- 6 Tips for Healthy Collaboration with Your Board Chair
- Board Nominating: A Better Way
- How to Develop Your Nonprofit’s Audience Persona