By Melissa Lagowski CEO/Founder/Queen Bee Big Buzz Idea Group Events are as common in the nonprofit industry as annual campaigns and executive directors. What comes to mind when you think of events? Most people think of parties, galas and fundraising, but nonprofit events can expand to include festivals, concerts, chef competitions and more. Regardless of the type of event your association hosts, there are inherent risks that savvy leaders should anticipate and mitigate. Financial Risk You know that the most obvious hazard of any project is the financial risk, so it is important to delve deep into any event concept...
By Cat Donovan Executive Assistant Big Buzz Idea Group In March of 2020 we began navigating a maze of unknown depth and complexity. Juggling balls and spinning plates multiplied by the day. Professional settings and expectations changed overnight. Families with school-aged children had the routines they depended on completely uprooted. It quickly became apparent that managing and maintaining positive mental health was going to be both a challenge and a priority. The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a nonprofit organization focusing on national health issues, released the results of a tracking poll about one year into the pandemic that indicated four...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Client Spotlight: Illinois Theatre Association
- The 3 Mistakes I Made Managing a Nonprofit
- Outsourcing: The Only Solution To Staffing Shortages
- Want To Retain Your Employees? Wellness in the Workplace Matters!
- Implementing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Your Nonprofit
- Should Sponsorships Include Membership Dues?
- Crisis Management: Are You Ready?