By Melissa Lagowski CEO/Founder/Queen Bee Big Buzz Idea Group For decades, events have been the lifeblood of nonprofits and associations. Then suddenly, March 2020 struck, and the event industry was about to begin a revolution unlike anything it had previously seen. We thought it might last for a few weeks or a few months, but now the months have flown by and the new normal is here. It is obvious that there are some important lessons that you will want to hold onto for the foreseeable future when it comes to event planning. Risk Versus Reward Events have always had...
By: Emily Taylor Principal, teenyBIG I was listening to a fairy tale with my daughter the other night. It was about a sad princess and how the king wanted to cheer her up. “I’ll paint the palace yellow, that will cheer her up!” he thought. The entire palace was painted yellow, but the princess did not cheer up. Thinking creatively, the king said, “I know, the castle must be the wrong shape!” and had the square castle pulled down and rebuilt into a heart shape. Still, the princess was sad. “Then it must be the cold weather here,” and he...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- 6 Tips for Cultivating Gratitude in the Workplace
- Grateful for Nonprofit Leaders
- 7 Tips for Managing Hybrid Events
- Post-Pandemic Event Lessons
- 5 Tips for Prioritizing Your Mental Health in the Workplace
- Clearer Communication Is the Secret to Better Outcomes
- Something Good: Building Your Team’s Connection