By Melissa Lagowski CEO/Founder/Queen Bee Big Buzz Idea Group For decades, events have been the lifeblood of nonprofits and associations. Then suddenly, March 2020 struck, and the event industry was about to begin a revolution unlike anything it had previously seen. We thought it might last for a few weeks or a few months, but now the months have flown by and the new normal is here. It is obvious that there are some important lessons that you will want to hold onto for the foreseeable future when it comes to event planning. Risk Versus Reward Events have always had...
By: Emily Taylor Principal, teenyBIG I was listening to a fairy tale with my daughter the other night. It was about a sad princess and how the king wanted to cheer her up. “I’ll paint the palace yellow, that will cheer her up!” he thought. The entire palace was painted yellow, but the princess did not cheer up. Thinking creatively, the king said, “I know, the castle must be the wrong shape!” and had the square castle pulled down and rebuilt into a heart shape. Still, the princess was sad. “Then it must be the cold weather here,” and he...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Apply the Spoon Theory to Run Your Nonprofit
- Nonprofit Hiring: Best Practices for Building Your Team in 2024
- Making the Most Out of Event Centerpieces
- Client Spotlight: Center for Changing Lives
- An Interim Leader Isn’t a “Temp:” Interim Leadership in NPOs as a Management Profession
- Are You Leading With Impact?
- Client Spotlight: Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce
Sign up for Insights newsletter
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact