By: Melissa Lagowski Founder, CEO and Queen Bee, Big Buzz Idea Group In working with clients, we’ve seen the state of the nonprofit sector evolve. More recently, many organizations are facing a tight job market with a shortage of skilled and experienced workers. Layer in limited budgets and ongoing turnover, and it’s not surprising that nonprofits are feeling the squeeze. It’s an issue for nonprofits and businesses alike: staff shortages have become the top emerging risk that organizations face globally, according to Gartner, Inc.’s latest Emerging Risks Survey. Sixty-three percent of total respondents stated that a talent shortage was a key...
By: Katelyn Foehner Communications Manager, Big Buzz Idea Group Admit it, you know how important networking is but you dread it. Consequently, networking isn’t at the top of anyone’s to-do list; it can be awkward and time-consuming, yet incredibly rewarding. While we all may not have a natural passion for it, namely the introverts who dislike social interaction, here’s why it is time to change your perspective. What is networking? Networking is not solely for exchanging information with people and it certainly is not about begging for favors. Networking is about forming and nurturing long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- 9 Lessons Learned from Our First Virtual Conference
- Time to Assess Your Year-End Campaigns
- Tips for Virtual Event Success
- How to Manage Your Organization During an Election Year Without Violating Your Nonprofit Status
- Our Top Five Free Online Tools for Nonprofit Management Teams
- Financial Planning for Uncertain Times
- Virtual Fundraising: 18 Ideas for Nonprofit Revenue