By: Melissa Lagowski CEO, Founder and Queen Bee, Big Buzz Idea Group Do you find yourself buried in overwhelm while reviewing the weekly to-do list? Does it feel as though you work and work but never get to the one thing that needed to get done today? Are you constantly struggling to tame an inbox that constantly floweth over? When overwhelm hits me, I am instantly reminded of Elton John’s “Circle of Life:” “From the day we arrive on the planet, and blinking, step into the Sun, There’s more to be seen than can ever be seen; More to do...
By Guest Blogger: Kimberly Bares President, PLACE Consulting “I’ve always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific.” — Lily Tomlin It’s that time of the year when organizations reflect on the past year’s successes and misses and begin the process of preparing for 2017. Based on my experience in leading strategic planning with dozens of nonprofits, the best of them use their strategic plan to guide that evaluation. What do you do, though, when your organization doesn’t see the value in the process or thinks it’s a waste of time or money? I’ve...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Fostering Board Engagement in Virtual Times
- Self-Care: A Necessity for Successful Leadership
- 5 Ways to Generate Sponsor Leads
- 6 Tips for Recruiting Ideal Board Members
- 3 Questions to Ask If You Hope to Grow Your Membership
- Budgeting for Your Nonprofit in Uncertain Times
- 4 Ways Outsourcing Your Development Work Can Provide Value