By: Denise Dahl, MPA Founder & Principal, Epiphany Planning & Development Nonprofit Leadership & Strategy One of the most common questions I receive is “How do I get my board to do more?” The answer is easy, but the implementation can be a bit more challenging as board members each come with their own motivation regarding serving. Maybe they are serving as the cause is dear to them. Maybe they are serving because they feel a type of ownership (founder’s syndrome). Maybe they are serving to build their resume. Reasons to serve on a board are as varied as...
By: Gail Perry President, Gail Perry Associates Philanthropy Consultants It’s the New Year – and it’s a great time to make smart resolutions for the future! This post is a perennial favorite with my readers – I’ve updated it for this year. Here are some ideas for nonprofit board members – to help everyone get started on the right foot for the year and keep on track as we launch into the new year. You might find that these ideas will open up some interesting discussions – about expectations, attitudes and actions needed from ALL board members. How...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- 9 Lessons Learned from Our First Virtual Conference
- Time to Assess Your Year-End Campaigns
- Tips for Virtual Event Success
- How to Manage Your Organization During an Election Year Without Violating Your Nonprofit Status
- Our Top Five Free Online Tools for Nonprofit Management Teams
- Financial Planning for Uncertain Times
- Virtual Fundraising: 18 Ideas for Nonprofit Revenue