“The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” —Charles Schwab By: Melissa Lagowski CEO, Founder and Queen Bee, Big Buzz Idea Group Early in my career, when I was an Executive Director at a small Chamber of Commerce in Chicago, I had a couple of board members who would try to dangle financial incentives in front of me as a means of encouragement. They kept reminding me of what my financial reward would be if we secured more sponsors for our largest event. It was referenced in every email and in every...
Have you ever had a difficult time getting your committees to focus on the task at hand because they get easily distracted? Does it sometimes feel like every member of your Board is rowing in a different direction? It happens unexpectedly and just when everything seems to be going well. Your organization stands to have an amazing year because the strategic planning has been completed, the team has become clear on the mission and maybe even rebranded the new vision of the organization. The energy is high and everyone is excited about the things to come. Then fast forward six...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Fostering Board Engagement in Virtual Times
- Self-Care: A Necessity for Successful Leadership
- 5 Ways to Generate Sponsor Leads
- 6 Tips for Recruiting Ideal Board Members
- 3 Questions to Ask If You Hope to Grow Your Membership
- Budgeting for Your Nonprofit in Uncertain Times
- 4 Ways Outsourcing Your Development Work Can Provide Value