By Julia Schroeder Big Buzz Idea Group Marketing & Nonprofit Account Coordinator Have you ever heard someone say that they are “running low on spoons?” They may have been referring to the Spoon Theory, which is a visualization tool for managing energy and time effectively. As a leader in the nonprofit space, you can consider the Spoon Theory to support your efforts that enhance the organization. What is the Spoon Theory? The Spoon Theory was created by Christine Miserandino to explain her experience living with a chronic illness. Spoons can be a helpful tool for individuals to gauge their available...
By: Melissa Lagowski CEO/Founder/Queen Bee Big Buzz Idea Group In the hustle and bustle of the holidays, December can fly by quickly and it is the New Year before we realize it. For many executive directors and nonprofit leaders, December may be no busier than the rest of the year. But this month, do something special for yourself. Carve out some time when you can be alone without the interruptions of your team, your Board or your email. Turn off your phone and truly focus on your thoughts for an extended period of time. This is an ideal time to...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Apply the Spoon Theory to Run Your Nonprofit
- Nonprofit Hiring: Best Practices for Building Your Team in 2024
- Making the Most Out of Event Centerpieces
- Client Spotlight: Center for Changing Lives
- An Interim Leader Isn’t a “Temp:” Interim Leadership in NPOs as a Management Profession
- Are You Leading With Impact?
- Client Spotlight: Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce
Sign up for Insights newsletter
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact