By Cat Donovan Executive Assistant Big Buzz Idea Group “It’s been a long … a long time coming. But I know a change is gonna come.” Sam Cooke took his real-life experience of being turned away from a whites-only motel in Louisiana during the Civil Rights era and turned it into the 1964 smash hit, “A Change Is Gonna Come.” The message of his song – equal treatment for all – has carried through the airwaves in the decades since. And while significant strides have been put into action by the Black Lives Matters movement, there are still many areas...
By: Melissa Lagowski CEO/Founder/Queen Bee Big Buzz Idea Group We regularly hear from nonprofits that their Board of Directors or certain members are not carrying their fair share of the weight. The biggest concern is leadership not delivering on their Board commitments and sometimes they aren’t even showing up to the organization’s events. But imagine the flipside: What if each Board member actively engaged with your organization? What if every Board member met their give-or-get requirements and took their fiduciary responsibilities more seriously? What if every Board member actively served and supported your nonprofit with shared vision and commitment toward...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- The 3 Mistakes I Made Managing a Nonprofit
- Outsourcing: The Only Solution To Staffing Shortages
- Want To Retain Your Employees? Wellness in the Workplace Matters!
- Implementing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Your Nonprofit
- Should Sponsorships Include Membership Dues?
- Crisis Management: Are You Ready?
- Word of the Year: Manifestation