By: Amy Schiffman Principal and Co-Founder, Giving Tree Associates It’s that time of year when most boards are closing the books on this fiscal year and planning for the next. Perhaps we’re spending time reviewing new programmatic, fundraising and operational strategies or putting the finishing touches on next year’s budget. But I’d like to make a case for summer being the right time to consider the health of your organization’s governance program. And if that sounds either too vague or glaringly obvious, let’s dig down a little deeper, unpack the possibilities, and prioritize. During this year’s summer board retreat, why...
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Client Spotlight: Illinois Theatre Association
- The 3 Mistakes I Made Managing a Nonprofit
- Outsourcing: The Only Solution To Staffing Shortages
- Want To Retain Your Employees? Wellness in the Workplace Matters!
- Implementing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Your Nonprofit
- Should Sponsorships Include Membership Dues?
- Crisis Management: Are You Ready?
Sign up for Insights newsletter
501c3 Appreciation Association Association Management Big Buzz Idea Group Board Members Board of Directors Communication Communications Core Values Culture Development Digital Marketing Donations Donors Event Planner Event Planning Events Executive Director Funding Fundraising Goal-Setting Gratitude Leadership Marketing mission Nonprofit Nonprofit Board Members Nonprofit Fundraising Nonprofit Leadership Nonprofit Management Nonprofit Organization NPO Organization Organization's Culture Organizational Growth Outsourcing Productivity Social Media Sponsors Sponsorship Staff Strategic Planning Virtual Volunteers