Full-Time Salary Range: $33,000 – $40,000*
Open to Part-Time Contractors: $25 per Hour*
*Salary Commensurate with Experience
We’re seeking a fun, hard-working and enthusiastic leader who is passionate about helping nonprofit organizations reach and surpass their goals. The Membership Coordinator’s primary objective is to serve as the liaison between the organization and its membership. This person will work closely with the Nonprofit Account Coordinator to grow the organization. You must have excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build strong relationships.
Primary Duties (But Not Limited To):
- Demonstrated experience in membership management and organizational growth
- Develop and implement strategies to recruit new members and maintain current membership
- Maintain thorough membership records
- Respond to member queries quickly and efficiently
- Manage new member orientation
- Track membership data and produce reports
- Oversee membership fees, renewals and resignations
- Produce the annual membership budget
- Seek sponsors and grants
- Attend organization and board meetings
- Prepare membership marketing materials
- Organize events for existing and prospective members
- Maintain calendars for membership communication and events
- Assist with social media content
- Collect, analyze and report on data from member events
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, nonprofit management or related field
- 2-6 years of relevant professional experience in an association, nonprofit or agency setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Quickbooks, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Dropbox, Google Drive, membership software and/or CRM platform experience a plus
- Meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Must be able to be on your feet for lengthy periods of time
- Must be able to periodically lift up to 50 pounds
Like What You See? Here’s What’s Next:
Email your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you’re interested in the position, what makes you a good fit and what your favorite food is. Please no phone calls. We’ll be in touch!
At Big Buzz Idea Group, we are committed to actively building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, the Big Buzz Idea Group office is closed and all employees are currently working remotely. This is being closely monitored as things change. Candidates should be prepared to potentially work out of our Chicago office.
Check Out These Recent Posts
- Client Spotlight: Illinois Theatre Association
- The 3 Mistakes I Made Managing a Nonprofit
- Outsourcing: The Only Solution To Staffing Shortages
- Want To Retain Your Employees? Wellness in the Workplace Matters!
- Implementing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Your Nonprofit
- Should Sponsorships Include Membership Dues?
- Crisis Management: Are You Ready?