Full-Time Salary Range: $38,000-$40,000*
Open to Part-Time Contractors: $25 Per Hour*
*Salary Commensurate with Experience
We’re seeking a fun, hard-working and enthusiastic leader who is passionate about helping nonprofit organizations reach and surpass their goals. You are an outgoing, upbeat and enthusiastic leader who is driven to be part of a team that is committed to each other and the advancement of nonprofit organizations. You value talking to people, strategizing and executing the written word for effective storytelling and engagement.
Primary Duties (But Not Limited To):
- Manage communications activity for Big Buzz Idea Group and client accounts including e-newsletters & social media postings
- Copywriting and editing
- Maintain and update company and client websites with content, news, images, etc.
- Build and execute comprehensive communications plans, including timely reporting and analysis
- Conduct marketing activities including research, campaign creation and asset management
- Attend and participate in client meetings
- Attend weekly company meetings
- Attend company retreats, planning sessions and events
- Execute/manage marketing reporting
- Maintain marketing and event calendars
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years relevant work experience in marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated success with project management on an individual and team basis
- Demonstrated success using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite, Google Analytics preferred
- Demonstrated success using communication platforms for email marketing
- Experience managing website content on platforms including WordPress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Dropbox, Google Drive and CRM software, Constant Contact and MailChimp
- Social media knowledge, including posting strategies, trending hashtags, platform capabilities and sociallandscape
- Demonstrated track record in leadership abilities and success
Like What You See? Here’s What’s Next:
Email your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com outlining why you’re interested in the position, what makes you a good fit and what your favorite food is. Please no phone calls. We’ll be in touch!
At Big Buzz Idea Group, we are committed to actively building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, the Big Buzz Idea Group office is closed and all employees are currently working remotely. This is being closely monitored as things change. Candidates should be prepared to potentially work out of our Chicago office.
Check Out These Recent Posts
- 7 Tips for Managing Hybrid Events
- Post-Pandemic Event Lessons
- 5 Tips for Prioritizing Your Mental Health in the Workplace
- Clearer Communication Is the Secret to Better Outcomes
- Something Good: Building Your Team’s Connection
- Keep Your Mission in Mind to Maximize Results
- 6 Tips for Healthy Collaboration with Your Board Chair