Full-Time Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000*
Open to Part-Time Contractors: $25 Per Hour*
*Salary Commensurate with Experience
A Little About Us:
Big Buzz Idea Group powers nonprofit organizations to fuel positive change in the world by providing management, marketing and event services so nonprofits and associations can focus on their mission and organizational growth.
- Everyone should be part of a team that inspires them.
- Nonprofits make the world a better place.
- It is an honor to partner with and serve nonprofit organizations.
- The best relationships are based on honesty, integrity and 100% transparency.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re seeking a fun, hard-working and enthusiastic leader who is passionate about helping nonprofit organizations reach and surpass their goals. You are an outgoing, upbeat and enthusiastic leader who is driven to be part of a team that is committed to each other and the advancement of nonprofit organizations. You value talking to people, strategizing and executing the written word for effective storytelling and engagement.
Primary Duties (But Not Limited To):
- Manage communications activity for Big Buzz Idea Group and client accounts including e-newsletters & social media postings
- Copywriting and editing
- Maintain and update company and client websites with content, news, images, etc.
- Build and execute comprehensive communications plans, including timely reporting and analysis
- Conduct marketing activities including research, campaign creation and asset management
- Attend and participate in client meetings
- Attend weekly company meetings
- Attend company retreats, planning sessions and events
- Execute/manage marketing reporting
- Maintain marketing and event calendars
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years relevant full-time work experience in marketing
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated success with project management on an individual and team basis
- Demonstrated success using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite, Google Analytics preferred
- Demonstrated success using communication platforms for email marketing
- Experience managing website content on platforms including WordPress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Dropbox, Google Drive and CRM software, Constant Contact and MailChimp
- Social media knowledge, including posting strategies, trending hashtags, platform capabilities and social landscape
- Demonstrated track record in leadership abilities and success
Our Investment In You:
We encourage our team to actively participate in development courses and opportunities for professional growth. All Big Buzz Idea Group staff take part in an annual retreat to engage in personal and professional advancement and team building. Big Buzz Idea Group conducts company-wide meetings twice weekly for the entire team. Personal growth is important at all levels, and we are always seeking opportunities to lift one another up to perform at our best possible capabilities.
Full-time employees are given eight paid holidays, five paid sick days and two paid personal days. Paid vacation days are available after one year of full-time employment.
Like What You See? Here’s What’s Next:
Email your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com outlining why you’re interested in the position, what makes you a good fit and what your favorite food is. Please no phone calls. We’ll be in touch!
At Big Buzz Idea Group, we are committed to actively building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status.
Big Buzz Idea Group is a hybrid work environment. This position will require in-office time at the Big Buzz office in the Sauganash neighborhood of Chicago and allows for remote work at a mutually agreed upon time.