Full-Time Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000*
*Salary Commensurate with Experience
A Little About Us:
Big Buzz Idea Group powers nonprofit organizations to fuel positive change in the world by providing management, marketing and event services so nonprofits and associations can focus on their mission and organizational growth.
- Everyone should be part of a team that inspires them.
- Nonprofits make the world a better place.
- It is an honor to partner with and serve nonprofit organizations.
- The best relationships are based on honesty, integrity and 100% transparency.
We’re seeking a fun, hard-working and enthusiastic leader who is passionate about special events to join our team. The individual that is right for this role will possess the skills necessary to turn a client’s vision for their annual meeting, luncheon, board retreat, awards gala or holiday event into reality. The Event Manager’s primary objectives are to oversee, execute and manage all aspects of an event to ensure that it occurs without a hitch. Due to the nature of our business, the Event Manager will work on multiple events for multiple clients, simultaneously. This person must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The Event Manager will have direct contact with Clients and will periodically meet with the client to strengthen the working relationship, facilitate a meeting, brainstorm or problem solve. This position reports to the CEO and Director of Operations.
Primary Duties (But Not Limited To):
- Provide exceptional customer service and communication
- Maintain good working client relationship(s)
- Serve as a liaison with event-related vendors
- Obtain quotes, secure contracts, confirm deliveries, verify paperwork, etc.
- Update, edit and/or create various event forms, correspondence and proposals
- Organize and run event registration
- Prepare event materials
- Assist in managing on-site production
- Prepare post-event reports
- Schedule board meetings, retreats and luncheons
- Organize and lead planning meetings
- Prepare agendas and meeting materials
- Work with the Bookkeeper to maintain up to date accounting records
- Work with Marketing Coordinator and/or client to schedule social media postings, website updates and collateral materials
- Manage multiple databases to keep records current
- Report to CEO and Director of Operations
Skills/Credentials You Must Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, nonprofit management, public relations or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience in event planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with SharePoint, Google Drive and CRM Software
- Meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Able to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize appropriately
- Works well under pressure
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to be on your feet for lengthy periods of time
- Must be able to periodically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bilingual abilities are a bonus
Our Investment in You:
We encourage our team to actively participate in development courses and opportunities for professional growth. All Big Buzz Idea Group staff take part in our annual retreat to engage in personal and professional advancement and team building. Big Buzz Idea Group conducts company-wide meetings twice weekly for the entire team. Personal growth is important at all levels, and we are always seeking opportunities to lift one another up to perform at our best possible capabilities.
Full-time employees are given 25 days of PTO including vacation, holidays, personal days and sick leave as well as vision and dental insurance through the company. Company sponsored health insurance is also available. Big Buzz Idea Group employees participate in several company sponsored outings, team lunches, company socials and birthday celebrations.
Like What You See? Here’s What’s Next:
Email your resume along with a cover letter outlining why you’re interested in the position, what makes you a good fit and what your favorite food is. Please no phone calls. We’ll be in touch!
At Big Buzz Idea Group, we are committed to actively building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and each team member is treated with dignity and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. Big Buzz Idea Group encourages applications from people of color, individuals with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender non-confirming individuals.
Big Buzz Idea Group is a hybrid work environment. This position will require in-office time at the Big Buzz office in the Sauganash neighborhood of Chicago and allows for remote work at a mutually agreed upon time.