Part-Time Salary Range: $23.00 – $27.00/Hour*
*Salary Commensurate with Experience
A Little About Us:
Big Buzz Idea Group powers nonprofit organizations to fuel positive change in the world by providing management, marketing and event services so nonprofits and associations can focus on their mission and organizational growth.
- Everyone should be part of a team that inspires them.
- Nonprofits make the world a better place.
- It is an honor to partner with and serve nonprofit organizations.
- The best relationships are based on honesty, integrity and 100% transparency.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a part-time Bookkeeper to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions for our current clients. This individual will be expected to maintain and update financial records, including, but not limited to, accounts receivable, accounts payable, receipt tracking and monthly bank reconciliations. The Bookkeeper will work with Account Managers and report to the Director of Operations and the CEO.
As with all members of the Big Buzz team, the Bookkeeper is expected to follow the policies described in the Big Buzz handbook and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment at the firm.
Primary Duties (not limited to):
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Input charges into Quickbooks
- Organize purchase receipts
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Process client reimbursements
- Pay vendors and suppliers in a timely fashion
- Generate regular financial reports
- Make bank deposits
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Work with Account Coordinators
- Report to Director of Operations and CEO
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
A successful Bookkeeper should be:
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Suite
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Able to meet deadlines
- An excellent manager of time
- A team player
- Associate degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience
- Excellent communication skills including knowledge of proper grammar and spelling
- Ability to prioritize tasks, solve problems and think on their feet
Like what you see? Here’s what’s next:
Email your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com outlining why you’re interested in the position and what makes you the best fit for this position. Please help us learn a little bit about you by sharing what your favorite food is. Please no phone calls. We’ll be in touch!
This is an in-office position with the potential for hybrid work.
At Big Buzz Idea Group, we are committed to actively building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and each team member is treated with dignity and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. Big Buzz Idea Group encourages applications from people of color, individuals with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender non-confirming individuals.